VMware Workstation Getting Started
In this course you’ll learn all the basics needed to setup and use VMware Workstation
In this course you’ll learn the basics of installing, setting up, and using VMware Workstation.
What you will learn:
- How to get a copy VMware Workstation and install it
- How to Open and Navigate VMware Workstation
- How to Create a Windows XP Virtual Machine
- How to Upgrade VMware Workstation and Install VMware Tools
- How to Enable Folder Sharing and take Snapshops
- How to Activate and Clone your VM
Who should take this course:
Anyone who will be using VMware Workstation for the first time will find the information and lessons in this course helpful and informative.
What is required to follow along:
If you would like to follow along with the instructor, you will need a personal computer with VMware Workstation installed (you may find the free VMware Player works as well) and a valid Windows Operating System installation disc and license.
What is included with the course:
To see what is included with this course please see the enrollment options.
- Video Lesson 01: How to get VMware Workstation (1:41)
- Video Lesson 02: Installing VMware Workstation (1:16)
- Video Lesson 03: Open VMware Workstation for the first time (1:08)
- Video Lesson 04: Creating a Windows XP Virtual Machine (1:50)
- Video Lesson 05: Basic Navigation of VMware Workstation (2:00)
- Video Lesson 06: Upgrading VMware Workstation (:57)
- Video Lesson 07: Installing VMware Tools (1:00)
- Video Lesson 08: Enable Folder Sharing (1:07)
- Video Lesson 09: VMware Workstation Snapshots (:56)
- Video Lesson 10: Activating your VM OS (:54)
- Video Lesson 11: Cloning Virtual Machines (1:48)
* When purchasing “Online Enrollment” you will be enrolled in the course here at TheAutomationSchool.com and can start the course by clicking on the first lesson. When you complete the course, a “print certificate” button will appear at the top of the course page.
** When purchasing the “Mobile Access” option you will also receive a PDF coupon voucher to redeem a copy of the course’s video lessons from Vimeo.com, and may use their free Mobile App on supported devices to watch (and on some mobile devices download) the video lessons of this course. For more details visit vimeo.com/everywhere
I spent my first twenty five years in the automation business working as a Rockwell Automation Distributor Specialist helping electricians, technicians, and controls engineers implement automation solutions using Allen-Bradley PLCs, PACs, and HMIs, as well as Rockwell Software SCADA and MES products.
These days I'm self-employed as an automation educator, programmer, and consultant. And I'm also the author of the internet's most popular independent automation blog, The Automation Blog dot com, where I enjoy discussing automation products and challenges with people from around the world.