In Nano Basics Standard Edition you'll learn to setup and program the Allen-Bradley Micro800 Family of Nano Programmable Controllers.
Online Course Advantage:All our online courses come with No Expiration Date and include Instructor Lead "Q & A" Support in the lesson discussion area. Online Course Completion Certificates are also available to students who complete all of the course's lessons and quizzes.
This standard course is designed for those who've used other PLCs and want to learn how to setup and program the Allen-Bradley line of Micro800 Nano Programmable Controllers.
NOTE: If you've never programmed a Programmable Controller before you may want to take our “PLC Basics” course before you take this Micro 800 Programmable Controller course.
What you will learn:
- Understand the design of the four Micro800 Nano PLCs
- How to choose components and configure a system
- How to get the free programming software and how it works
- Setup Micro800 and RSLinx Ethernet and USB Communications
- How to flash controller firmware over Ethernet and USB
- Create and Test a Motor Control programs in Ladder Diagram
- Create and Test a Part Sensing program in Ladder Diagram
- Create and Test a Machine Runtime program in Function Block
- Create and Test a Part Counting program in Function Block
- Create and Text a Calculations program in Structure Text
NOTE: Are you looking for a course that covers basic and advanced topics? If you are, check out “Nano Basics Extended Edition” which also includes free course updates, a second copy of all the lessons for offline viewing on mobile devices, and a copy of all The Automation Minute episodes on the same subject.
Who should take this course:
Anyone who already has some PLC experience and would like to learn how to setup and program the Allen-Bradley line of Micro800 Nano Programmable Controllers.
Requirements to complete optional exercises or follow along:
Students who wish to complete optional exercises, or follow along with the instructor as he programs, will need the following:
- An internet connection to download the free CCW programming software from Rockwell's website
- Any Micro800 Controller and compatible programming cable (most use USB or Ethernet)
- Note: The Micro810 requires an optional USB adapter to be programed with CCW
- A Windows PC compatible with the above software (see below) and controller (USB and/or Ethernet port)
- Any Input (push buttons, switches, etc) or Output (pilot lights, relays, etc) devices the student would like to use with their Micro800
- NOTE: While the course covers how to find I/O wiring diagrams, it does not include lessons on basic electricity or wiring I/O devices
Note: Currently, Rockwell states their free CCW programming software supports these Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Pro (untested on Home edition)
- Windows 8 Pro (untested on Home edition)
- Windows 10 Pro (untested on Home edition)
In this short lesson you'll get a quick tour of what inputs and outputs are wired into each of the three Micro800's used in this course.
A very professional course by an experienced instructor. The overhead view and set-up of the demo hardware, and computer screen view for the programming examples were great quality and first rate. Having the instructor appear on screen creates an environment similar to being in a classroom
1- High quality videos, 2- Full explanation, 3- Instructor is an expert in his field and very helpful
Great Course, everything was useful
Requirements for Online Lessons: To take an online course at TheAutomationSchool.com, you'll need a compatible web browser. To insure your browser is compatible, please test it by taking our free course here.
Requirements for Software, Hardware, and Hands-On: For detailed requirements to complete any optional programming exercises, or to follow along with the instructor as he programs, see the "Requirements..." section near the bottom of the Details tab.