1 reply, 2 voices Last updated by  Shawn Tierney 6 months, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nroscup
    Participant
    @nroscup

I am curious as to the difference between Compact Basics Early Access vs PAC Basics Extended.

I am wanting to learn what I can about RSLogix 5000 software as well as the associated AB hardware. The primary hardware I have is the CompactLogix 1768-L43. So would the PAC Basics Extended cover most of what I need to know for the CompactLogix 1768-L43 since the programming is essentially the same? (at least that is what I've read)

I am leaning toward PAC Basics Extended since it is a more complete edition at the moment.

Shawn Tierney
    Keymaster
    @Shawn_Tierney

Good morning nroscup,

Yes, the L43 programs using the same software and instruction set as the ControlLogix, with only the physical Controller and I/O being different.

PAC Basics Extended is also a complete course with many hours of basic and advanced lessons, all of which can be done using a ControlLogix or CompactLogix Controller.

And while I hope Compact Basics will eventually be of similar length as PAC Basics Extended, the fact that I'm still filming it (it's in “early access”) accounts for its substantially lower price.

Hope this helps,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at The Automation School

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Shawn Tierney.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.