Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Shawn Tierney
    Keymaster
    @Shawn_Tierney

Occasionally I'm asked about the completion certificates that are available with some courses.

To get the completion certificate for a course that has one, you first must complete all of the courses lessons and mark them complete.

To do so, you simply open and watch each lesson's video, and when the video completes click on the “Mark Complete” button:

NOTE: Lessons without a “time” listed in the lesson list are optional, and can be marked complete without having to watch the lesson video. Also, if you complete a course prior to new lessons being added, the course will remain “complete” for you even if you don't watch the new lesson videos.

Once a course is completed, you can print out your completion certificate by using the new “Print Certificate” button that appears on the courses home page, as shown below:

So what does the certificate look like? Below is a low resolution example:

To learn more about taking courses and printing certificates, click on the below link and skip to the one minute mark in the video:

http://theautomationschool.com/lessons/how-to-take-a-course-lesson-4/

And if you have any questions please don't hesitate to post them here.

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney
    Instructor, The Automation School

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Shawn Tierney.

Omar
    Participant
    @RicardoReyes

I'm really interested in starting a course here with u but I need to know if your courses are accredited and if I can use it one my resume for employment

Shawn Tierney
    Keymaster
    @Shawn_Tierney

Good morning Omar,

Thank you for your question. In short, yes you can put our courses which you complete on your resume, but we are not accredited like a college or university.

We do include the Professional Development Hours (PDHs) on each certificate, and they are recognized by most professions as time spend taking courses and attending lectures, and as such are not required to be officially “accredited” like a college or university.

And in many places/states Professional Development Hours can be turned into CEUs.

That said, we are also working with some industry leaders to enhance all our student's completion certificates, but due to the way those processes work, we don't expect an update on that until early fall.

Thanks again,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at The Automation School

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.