3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  Shawn Tierney 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Charles Bustilos
    Participant
    @407charles

Hello dear instructor, I did not remember how to create a new topic so I will post my question here…..

I just want to suggest a class about converting legacy programs to the new studio platform. I did already two conversions but I really believe that I can learn to make conversions more efficient by learning more strategies from a more experienced programmer as you are. If you can make a personalized class I will be interested on it. Let me know if is possible.

Shawn Tierney
    Keymaster
    @Shawn_Tierney

Good morning Charles,

Great to hear from you. There are so many legacy platforms – which ones are you most interested in?

Below I'll list some of the legacy platforms available – some are much harder to convert than others:

Convert to View Studio:

– PanelView (original, aka PanelView 1200) uses PanelBuilder
    – PanelView E (aka Enhanced, 1000E, 1200E, 1400E) uses PanelBuilder Enhanced
    – PanelView Standard (300, 550, 600, 900, 1000, 1400) PanelBuilder 32
    – PanelView Plus (versions 3 to 5.1)

Convert to Studio 5000

– PLC-5
    – SLC-500
    – MicroLogix
    – Micro800
    – Legacy Logix and RSLogix 5000

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney,
    Instructor at The Automation School

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Shawn Tierney.

Charles Bustilos
    Participant
    @407charles

The SLC-5oo and Micrologix legacy projects. I got a project from a mineral injection station that is currently done in a SLC-500 that I would like to convert to Studio 5000. I would like to use The “ControLogix” L-61 version 20 for this project. The project uses a high speed card for some wheel low sensors, Analog In and Out cards as well as digital in and out cards. I had converted a couple projects successfully already but just using digital in and out cards. I would like to work with a more complex program like the mineral injection to learn more about this subject.

Shawn Tierney
    Keymaster
    @Shawn_Tierney

Good morning Charles,

Thanks for your feedback.

Since you've already viewed Lesson 51 (importing PLC programs,) what additional information do you think is needed?

Between the SLC-500, MicroLogix, and ControlLogix there are dozens of Analog Cards, and they are all a little different, which makes creating a universal lesson on that subject difficult.

Thanks,

Shawn Tierney

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.