Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Meden
    Participant
    @MEden

Does your nano basics cover Messaging to VFD's(PF525 in particular) for control and retrieving data from drive to be used in the micro800 program?

Shawn Tierney
    Keymaster
    @Shawn_Tierney

Good morning Meden,

In “Nano Basics Extended Edition” I show how to communicate to the PowerFlex 4m via Modbus (lesson 4.6), and PowerFlex 525 via Ethernet (lesson 4.7), both by using Rockwell's free sample code.

The UDFB (User Defined Function Blocks) I use in these lessons “reads” the Status Bits and Actual Speed, and “writes” to the Control Bits and Speed Reference.

That said, there other sample blocks which read or write to a single or multiple registers, however I don't cover them as of yet but it is something I could add… which registers are you trying to read or write to?

Sincerely,

Shawn Tierney

Meden
    Participant
    @MEden

There is a RA UDFB that has most of the controls I need such as speed ref, speed feedback, basic info so I can control and monitor from the HMI. However, I am also using a PID statement in the drive and I want to be able to turn the PID off for hand operation, as well as change the PID setpoint. I think I have figured most of it out, but I would like to run through see someone ru through it using the CIP Generic messaging to see if I can minimize my time debugging.

Shawn Tierney
    Keymaster
    @Shawn_Tierney

Thanks for the feedback Meden

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Nano Basics Questions’ is closed to new replies.