Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Charles Bustilos
    Participant
    @407charles

Hi Shawn, this is Charles (407charles). I'm interested on the course coupon but I was not able to write the question on your blog, I tried for 30 min.
    Well my question is regarding a panel view 300, my problem is with the alarm, it does not display the message when I trigger an alarm. I check the PLC tag and it does change the value from 1 to 3, however, the alarm does not show up but if I shut the system off and started again it shows the alarm. why is this happening?
    In settings I selected the trigger tag N10:1 and “Value”. The alarm messages have the values from 1 to 3.

Shawn Tierney
    Keymaster
    @Shawn_Tierney

Good morning Charles,

Thanks for your question, and sorry you ran into issues posting on the forums.

I wonder what your alarm trigger is set to?

Shawn

Charles Bustilos
    Participant
    @407charles

I found my problem, I did not keep the alarm long enough to trigger the alarm properly. The PLC program was working as needed stopping the process but the way I did the alarm program it was disabling the alarm run (with an XIC being open when alarm was trigger) therefore the HMI did not have the chance to look at it when I was resetting the alarm the rung close and then I had the alarm displayed. I just modify my alarm routine and that fixed the issue. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Shawn Tierney
    Keymaster
    @Shawn_Tierney

Thanks for the follow-up Charles!

I've seen that before – I usually say you need to give the HMI a few seconds to see it, especially on slower networks.

Shawn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Panel View Standard AMA’ is closed to new replies.