I'm happy to announce the limited availability of my original Kickstarter funded Micro PLC Basics course which would later be renames to PLC Basics (first edition.)
This is a copy of the very first original run of DVDs which Kickstarter Backers received in late 2014, and should not be confused with my later re-filmed and much expanded “PLC Basics, Second Edition” course.
This original course which earned a 4.6 out of 5 star rating with students in over 45 counties, and includes all the basics you need to know to begin using and programming PLCs!
Note: Customers looking for my completely new, five hour second edition click here: PLC Basics, Second Edition.
What you will learn:
- Understand what a PLC is, and how to read Ladder Logic
- How to download, setup and use RSLogix, RSLinx, and RSEmulate
- *Updated Online Digital Lesson: New Downloads, Win10 Setup
- Understand Data Table files O, I, S, B, T, and C
- Configure RSLinx communications to Emulated PLCs, as well as the Serial DF1 driver and cables used with A-B PLCs
- Write, download, go online, test, and troubleshoot PLC Ladder Logic programs using Bit, Latch, Timer, and Counter instructions.
Who should take this course:
This introductory PLC course is designed for those people without prior PLC experience who want to get started using and programming PLCs quickly and inexpensively.
This course is also recommended as the starting point for beginners who would like to go on to learn about other A-B Programmable Controllers, including the Allen-Bradley CompactLogix and ControlLogix PACs.
Note: This course is not the newest, nor is it the longest version, however it is the least expensive. Students looking for the newest and longest version of the course should check out my new, completely re-recorded five hour edition, PLC Basics, Second Edition.
What is required to follow along and complete the exercises and hands-on labs:
- A Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC with Ethernet or USB port
- An internet connection to download the free programming software
- A MicroLogix 1000 and a “USB to Mini-Din” programming cable, and a USB port on PC
- Or a MicroLogix 1100 and a standard Ethernet cable (Ethernet setup not covered in this course)
What is included with the DVD Course:
Physical DVD Set Shipping: When you purchase a “DVD Course” it includes free shipping to a valid address in the continental USA that the USPS (US Mail) can deliver to. Please insure you provide a valid US Mail address to avoid additional shipping charges for packages returned due to an incorrect addresses. Expected delivery of all DVD orders is two weeks from date of order, and all DVD customers are provided with a USPS tracking number.