In PAC Basics Extended Edition you'll not only learn everything you need to know to setup, use, and program the Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, you'll also learn advanced topics including how to Message to other PLCs, how to use PlantPAx Process Objects, and more! Note: New digital bonus VFD and Windows 10 lessons available online via DVD Owners Forum.
PAC Basics is designed for those students who are already familiar with PLCs, and would like to learn how to setup, program, and troubleshoot the ControlLogix family of Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs) using RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000
NOTE: If you'd prefer a shorter, less expensive version check out “PAC Basics Standard Edition” which is the same course minus the “extended” content listed below.
NOTE: If you've never used or programmed a Programmable Controller then you may want to take our “PLC Basics” course before you take this ControlLogix Programmable Automation Controller course.
What you will learn:
- Understanding the overall design of ControlLogix system and components
- How to configure a system’s Controllers, I/O, and Communications Modules
- How to setup Ethernet, Serial DF1, and USB drivers in RSLinx Classic
- The difference between RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000
- How to setup, configure, and edit RSLogix and Studio 5000 projects
- How to add, edit, and test Local, Ethernet, and ControlNet I/O
- Understanding Controller and Program tags
- How to create and edit Tags and Aliases
- How to setup, configure and edit Tasks, Programs, and Routines
- Understanding how Ladder Logic differs in ControlLogix when compared with other PLCs
- How to create, test, run, and troubleshoot Ladder Diagram Routines
- Understanding Function Block Diagram Routines, and how they Execute
- How to create, test, run, and troubleshoot Function Block Diagram Routines
- How to create and use User Defined Data Types
Extended Content Includes over Four Hours of Additional Lessons, Including:
- Understanding the components that make up Structured Text Routines
- Create, Test, and Run a Structure Text Routine
- Understanding the components that make up Sequential Function Chart Routines
- Create, Test, and Run a Sequential Function Chart Routine
- Creating an Add-on Instructions from Scratch
- Download and Use free Add-on Instructions
- Download and Use PlantPAx Process Objects Instructions
- Setup and Use Produced and Consumed Tags over Ethernet
- Setup and Use Messages over Ethernet, ControlNet, DH+ and DF1
- Bonus Lesson – Setting up Legacy PLCs for Comms Lesson
For additional details, visit the course page HERE
Who should take this course:
Anyone who already has some PLC experience and would like to master the most used features of the Allen-Bradley line of ControlLogix Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs.)
What is required to follow along and complete the exercises and hands-on labs:
- A Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC with Ethernet or USB
- A CompactLogix or ControlLogix PAC with a communications port compatible with the PC being used (Ethernet, USB, etc.)
- A working copy of RSLogix 5000 or Studio 5000 that is also compatible with the PC and CompactLogix / ControlLogix being used.
What is included with the DVD Course:
Physical DVD Set Shipping: When you purchase a “DVD Course” it includes free shipping to a valid address in the continental USA that the USPS (US Mail) can deliver to. Please insure you provide a valid US Mail address to avoid additional shipping charges for packages returned due to an incorrect addresses. Expected delivery of all DVD orders is two weeks from date of order, and all DVD customers are provided with a USPS tracking number.
In this lesson, “RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000,” you'll learn all about these programming packages for the ControlLogix system.
"The instructor has a vast knowledge of the system in question and provides excellent use of visual aids and stories from the field combined with a review of technical documents and the equipment in question. As a professional, I value this is the type of education and training that will help ...Read More
"The instructor has a vast knowledge of the system in question and provides excellent use of visual aids and stories from the field combined with a review of technical documents and the equipment in question. As a professional, I value this is the type of education and training that will help you do a better job in your career while educating you on various aspects of the platform in question and the product's history. Well Done Shawn."