PLC Basics, Extended Edition is designed for those students who have basic electrical knowledge and would like to learn how to setup, program, and troubleshoot PLCs. The specific PLCs covered in this course include the Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1000 and 1100, both of which can be programmed using the free RSLogix Micro Starter Lite software. Note: New digital bonus and update lessons available online via DVD Owners Forum.
Click here for course details.
In this updated course designed for those new to PLCs, students will learn how to setup, use, and program Allen-Bradley PLCs using RSLogix.
What you will learn:
- What a PLC is
- Styles and Types of PLCs
- Numbering Systems and Data Types
- What Ladder Logic is and how it works
- Updated Online Lesson: Get software, Win10 Setup
- How to setup Serial and Ethernet Communications
- Creating, Testing, and Troubleshooting MicroLogix Programs in RSLogix
- How to integrate Push Buttons and Pilots Lights with PLC Logic
- How to use PLCs in a Motor Control circuit
Extended edition also covers these additional topics:
- Using Photo Eyes
- Bin Full Detection
- Conveyor Jams or Blockages
- Elapsed Run Times
- Production Tracking
- Mathimatical Equations
- Comparison Instructions
- And more!
For additional details, visit the course page HERE
Who should take this course:
Anyone with basic electrical knowledge who would like to learn how to use, program, and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs.)
What is required to follow along and complete the exercises and hands-on labs:
- A Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC with Ethernet or USB port
- An internet connection to download the free programming software
- A MicroLogix 1000 and a “USB to Mini-Din” programming cable, and a USB port on PC
- Or a MicroLogix 1100 and a standard Ethernet cable, and Ethernet Port on PC
What is included with the DVD Course:
Physical DVD Set Shipping: When you purchase a “DVD Course” it includes free shipping to a valid address in the continental USA that the USPS (US Mail) can deliver to. Please insure you provide a valid US Mail address to avoid additional shipping charges for packages returned due to an incorrect addresses. Expected delivery of all DVD orders is two weeks from date of order, and all DVD customers are provided with a USPS tracking number.