For the most up-to-date course details, please visit the course page HERE
In this course you'll learn the how to get started with Allen-Bradley PLCs and RSLogix programming software.
NOTE: This course covers a subset of topics included in “PLC Basics, Second Edition” and is offered as a low cost alternative to that more expansive course.
Click here for course details.
I'm happy to announce the re-released of my PLC Basics course in a new, super affordable “Core” edition.
This slimmed down “first edition” is being offered as low cost alternative to my completely refilmed and much expanded “PLC Basics, Second Edition” course.
Cut from the original 2014 course which earned a 4.6 out of 5 star rating with students in over 45 counties, this trimmer two hour edition has been simplified to include only the “core” topics you need to know to begin using and programming PLCs!
Note: Customers looking for my completely new, five hour second edition click here: PLC Basics, Second Edition.
What you will learn:
- Understand what a PLC is, and how to read Ladder Logic
- How to download, setup and use RSLogix, RSLinx, and RSEmulate
- Understand Data Table files O, I, S, B, T, and C
- Configure RSLinx communications to Emulated PLCs, as well as the Serial DF1 driver and cables used with A-B PLCs
- Write, download, go online, test, and troubleshoot PLC Ladder Logic programs using Bit, Latch, Timer, and Counter instructions.
For additional details, visit the course page HERE
Who should take this course:
This introductory PLC course is designed for those people without prior PLC experience who want to get started using and programming PLCs quickly and inexpensively.
This course is also recommended as the starting point for beginners who would like to go on to learn about other A-B Programmable Controllers, including the Allen-Bradley CompactLogix and ControlLogix PACs.
Note: This course is not the newest, nor is it the longest version, however it is the least expensive. Students looking for the newest and longest version of the course should check out my new, completely re-recorded five hour edition, PLC Basics, Second Edition.
What is required to follow along and complete the exercises and hands-on labs:
- A Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC with Ethernet or USB port
- An internet connection to download the free programming software
- A MicroLogix 1000 and a “USB to Mini-Din” programming cable, and a USB port on PC
- Or a MicroLogix 1100 and a standard Ethernet cable (Ethernet setup not covered in this course)