In this course you'll learn everything you need to know to setup, use, and program the Allen-Bradley ControlLogix.
Click here for course details.
In this course designed for those with some PLC experience, students will learn how to setup, use, and program the Allen-Bradley line of ControlLogix Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs.)
NOTE: If you've never used or programmed a Programmable Controller then you may want to take our “PLC Basics” course before you take this ControlLogix Programmable Automation Controller course.
What you will learn:
- Understand the design of the ControlLogix system and components
- How to setup Ethernet and ControlNet Modules
- Configure Ethernet, Serial DF1, and USB drivers in RSLinx
- Understand the difference between RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000
- How to configure a new project and setup Controller Properties
- Configure Local, Ethernet, and ControlNet I/O, including how to schedule ControlNet
- Test and troubleshoot your I/O configuration
- Understand Controller and Program tags, add and edit Tags and Aliases
- Configure and Edit Tasks, Programs, and Routines
- Understand how Ladder Logic is similar and different in ControlLogix
- Create, Test, and Run Ladder Logic Routines
- Understand the components that make up Function Block Diagram Routines, as well as how they Execute
- Create, Test, and Run Function Block Diagram Routines
- Understand the components that make up Structured Text Routines, as well as how they Execute
- Create, Test, and Run a Structure Text Routine
- Understand the components that make up Sequential Function Chart Routines, as well as how they Execute
- Create, Test, and Run a Sequential Function Chart Routine
- Create, Download, and Use Add-on Instructions including two PlantPAx Process Objects
- Setup and use Produced and Consumed Tags, as well as Message over Ethernet, ControlNet, DH+ and DF1
Who should take this course:
Anyone who already has some PLC experience and would like to learn how to setup, use and program the Allen-Bradley line of ControlLogix Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs.)
What is required to follow along:
If you would like to follow along with the instructor, you will need a personal computer running Microsoft Windows with RSlogix or Studio 5000 installed, as well as a CompactLogix or ControlLogix Controller.
What is included with the course:
To see what is included with this course please see the enrollment options.
Click here for course pricing.
“The instructor has a vast knowledge of the system in question and provides excellent use of visual aids and stories from the field combined with a review of technical documents and the equipment in question. As a professional, I value this is the type of education and training that will help you do a better job in your career while educating you on various aspects of the platform in question and the product's history. Well Done Shawn.”
“This course has lots of insider information gleaned from many years of working ‘in the trenches' – very valuable when trying to avoid pitfalls of incompatibility or non-compliance to best practices.”
“This course rocks. Its loaded with useful content where other courses fall short. Thanks Shawn. I will be looking for other courses you offer in the future.”
“Great attention to important details. Step by Step right teaching approach from simple to more complicated to the most complicated.”
“I'm a new Automation Engineer and only started programmings PLCs. A lot of good information & topics were covered.”
“Another of Shawn's engaging PLC courses. Would definitely want to see more coming from him.”
“Great stuff! Plenty of information. Good teacher!”
* Online Course and Completion Certificate Details: When purchasing the “Online Course” option you will be enrolled in the course at TheAutomationSchool.com and can start the course by clicking on “Lesson 1” found on the course’s homepage. When you complete the course, a “print certificate” button will appear at the top of the course homepage allowing you to print (or save) a personalized completion certificate.
** Vimeo Edition with Mobile App Support Details: When purchasing the “Vimeo Edition” option you’ll receive a PDF coupon voucher to redeem a copy of all the course’s video lessons from Vimeo.com, which will allow you to stream the course videos on any device that supports Vimeo. Additionally, you may also use the free Vimeo “Mobile App” on supported devices to “watch later” or download the video lessons of this course to supported mobile devices (many popular phones and tablets) for offline viewing. For more details and for a list of supported devices visit Vimeo.com/Everywhere
*** Physical DVD Set Details: When purchasing the “DVD” option please note that this option includes free shipping which is only available to those with a valid address in the continental USA that the USPS (US Mail) can deliver to. If you live outside the continental USA or have an address that the USPS does not deliver to please contact us HERE for a quote to ship to your address. Please also insure you provide a valid US Mail address as return shipping and then re-shipping is not included in the price of the course. Expected delivery of all DVD orders is two weeks from date of order, and all DVD customers are emailed a USPS tracking number.
**** Online Instructor Support Details: All editions of the course includes online instructor support. When you purchase the “Online Course” option you’ll have access to a “Lesson Discussion Area” on the bottom of each lesson page where you can ask the instructor questions related to that lesson’s content. If you purchase the DVD edition you are instead enrolled in a DVD Support Forum where you can ask the instructor questions related to the course’s content.