In this course you'll learn everything you need to know to upload and download parameters to Allen-Bradley PowerFlex Drives over Ethernet, USB, and using the A-B 1203-USB cable, all with the free Connected Components Workbench (CCW) software.
Click here for course details.
This course is designed for those who need to learn to backup A-B PowerFlex Drives using Connected Components Workbench (CCW) over Ethernet, USB, and using the 1203-USB cable.
The course includes how to download and install a free copy of CCW, how to setup RSLinx Classic Drivers to communicate to A-B VFDs, and how to upload and download parameters to and from PowerFlex drives.
What you will learn:
- Where you can download a free copy of CCW
- How to install CCW, including how to work around the .NET issue
- How to download and install drivers and firmware for the 1203-USB cable
- How to setup RSLinx Classic's Ethernet IP and Ethernet Devices Drivers
- How to setup RSLinx Classic's Driver for the 1203-USB cable
- How to download PowerFlex manuals and update files
- How to connect to the PowerFlex 520 series using USB on Windows 10 and 7
- How to use the PowerFlex USB utility to up and download parameters from 520 series VFDs
- How to import, edit, and export PowerFlex USB utility parameter files in CCW
- How to use CCW to upload and download drive parameters over Ethernet
- How to use CCW and the 1203-USB to upload and download drive parameters over DSI
- Free Bonus 1! How to set Powerflex 525's Ethernet Address using its Keypad
- Free Bonus 2! How to set PowerFlex 525's Ethernet Address using BOOTP
Who should take this course:
Anyone who needs to learn how to backup and restore A-B VFD parameters using CCW over Ethernet, USB, and using the 1203-USB cable.
Requirements to complete optional exercises or follow along:
If you would like to follow along with the instructor you will need a PowerFlex drive that supports Ethernet, DSI, and/or USB (and associated cables,) a personal computer running Microsoft Windows 7 or 10, and internet access to download the free software from Rockwell's website.
What is included with the course:
To see what is included with this course please see the enrollment options
Click here for course pricing.
* Online Course Details: When purchasing the “Online Course” option you will be enrolled in the course at TheAutomationSchool.com and can start the course by clicking on “Lesson 1” found on the course’s homepage.
** Vimeo Edition with Mobile App Support Details: When purchasing the “Vimeo Edition” option you’ll receive a PDF coupon voucher to redeem a copy of all the course’s video lessons from Vimeo.com, which will allow you to stream the course videos on any device that supports Vimeo. Additionally, you may also use the free Vimeo “Mobile App” on supported devices to “watch later” or download the video lessons of this course to supported mobile devices (many popular phones and tablets) for offline viewing. For more details and for a list of supported devices visit Vimeo.com/Everywhere
**** Online Instructor Support Details: All editions of the course includes online instructor support. When you purchase the “Online Course” option you’ll have access to a “Lesson Discussion Area” on the bottom of each lesson page where you can ask the instructor questions related to that lesson’s content.
Requirements for Software, Hardware, and Hands-On: For detailed requirements to complete any optional programming exercises, or to follow along with the instructor as he programs, see the "Requirements..." section near the bottom of the Details tab.