In this course you'll learn everything you need to know to upload and download parameters to Allen-Bradley PowerFlex Drives over Ethernet, USB, and using the A-B 1203-USB cable, all with the free Connected Components Workbench (CCW) software.
Online Course Advantage:All our online courses come with No Expiration Date and include Instructor Lead "Q & A" Support in the lesson discussion area. Online Course Completion Certificates are also available to students who complete all of the course's lessons and quizzes.
This course is designed for those who need to learn to backup A-B PowerFlex Drives using Connected Components Workbench (CCW) over Ethernet, USB, and using the 1203-USB cable.
The course includes how to download and install a free copy of CCW, how to setup RSLinx Classic Drivers to communicate to A-B VFDs, and how to upload and download parameters to and from PowerFlex drives.
What you will learn:
- Where you can download a free copy of CCW
- How to install CCW, including how to work around the .NET issue
- How to download and install drivers and firmware for the 1203-USB cable
- How to setup RSLinx Classic's Ethernet IP and Ethernet Devices Drivers
- How to setup RSLinx Classic's Driver for the 1203-USB cable
- How to download PowerFlex manuals and update files
- How to connect to the PowerFlex 520 series using USB on Windows 10 and 7
- How to use the PowerFlex USB utility to up and download parameters from 520 series VFDs
- How to import, edit, and export PowerFlex USB utility parameter files in CCW
- How to use CCW to upload and download drive parameters over Ethernet
- How to use CCW and the 1203-USB to upload and download drive parameters over DSI
- Free Bonus 1! How to set Powerflex 525's Ethernet Address using its Keypad
- Free Bonus 2! How to set PowerFlex 525's Ethernet Address using BOOTP
Who should take this course:
Anyone who needs to learn how to backup and restore A-B VFD parameters using CCW over Ethernet, USB, and using the 1203-USB cable.
Requirements to complete optional exercises or follow along:
If you would like to follow along with the instructor you will need a PowerFlex drive that supports Ethernet, DSI, and/or USB (and associated cables,) a personal computer running Microsoft Windows 7 or 10, and internet access to download the free software from Rockwell's website.
Requirements for Software, Hardware, and Hands-On: For detailed requirements to complete any optional programming exercises, or to follow along with the instructor as he programs, see the "Requirements..." section near the bottom of the Details tab.