This course is designed for those who need to learn to backup A-B PowerFlex Drives using Connected Components Workbench (CCW) over Ethernet, USB, and using the 1203-USB cable.
The course includes how to download and install a free copy of CCW, how to setup RSLinx Classic Drivers to communicate to A-B VFDs, and how to upload and download parameters to and from PowerFlex drives.
What you will learn:
- Where you can download a free copy of CCW
- How to install CCW, including how to work around the .NET issue
- How to download and install drivers and firmware for the 1203-USB cable
- How to setup RSLinx Classic's Ethernet IP and Ethernet Devices Drivers
- How to setup RSLinx Classic's Driver for the 1203-USB cable
- How to download PowerFlex manuals and update files
- How to connect to the PowerFlex 520 series using USB on Windows 10 and 7
- How to use the PowerFlex USB utility to up and download parameters from 520 series VFDs
- How to import, edit, and export PowerFlex USB utility parameter files in CCW
- How to use CCW to upload and download drive parameters over Ethernet
- How to use CCW and the 1203-USB to upload and download drive parameters over DSI
- Free Bonus 1! How to set Powerflex 525's Ethernet Address using its Keypad
- Free Bonus 2! How to set PowerFlex 525's Ethernet Address using BOOTP
Who should take this course:
Anyone who needs to learn how to backup and restore A-B VFD parameters using CCW over Ethernet, USB, and using the 1203-USB cable.
Requirements to complete optional exercises or follow along:
If you would like to follow along with the instructor you will need a PowerFlex drive that supports Ethernet, DSI, and/or USB (and associated cables,) a personal computer running Microsoft Windows 7 or 10, and internet access to download the free software from Rockwell's website.