In PVP “Core” Basics you'll learn everything you need to know to setup, use, and program the Allen-Bradley line of PanelView Plus HMIs.
Click here for course details.
In this course you will learn how to setup, use, and program the PanelView Plus HMI.
What you will learn:
- How to open, edit, and create applications
- How to correctly setup project settings, and what to consider before changing
- How to setup RSLinx Enterprise Ethernet and Serial communications to ControlLogix, CompactLogix, SLC-500, and MicroLogix
- How to create, edit, and use all the different types of HMI Tags
- How to import Tags from RSLogix, and import / export the Tag DB to Excel
- How to create, edit, and test Graphics, Objects, Symbols, and Libraries
- How to directly reference PLC Tags both online and off
- How to test your Graphic Displays, and test your entire Application on your PC
Who should take this course:
Anyone who has PLC experience and would like to learn how to setup, use, and program the A-B PanelView Plus family of Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs.)
Requirements to complete optional exercises or follow along:
Students who wish to complete optional exercises, or follow along with the instructor as he programs, will need the following:
- A copy of FactoryTalk View Studio, Machine or Enterprise Edition (information on how to request a free 30 day evaluation and demo copy from Rockwell is covered in the course)
- A Windows PC compatible with the above software
Note: The version of FactoryTalk View Studio used in this course is 8.0, and it supports these Windows versions:
- Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit
- Windows Vista, Home or Business
- Windows 7 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro
- Note: Newer versions now support Windows 10
Students who wish to program a physical PanelView Plus (as opposed to just running their application on their PC) will also need:
- One of the following: PanelView Plus (Standard or Compact,) PanelView Plus/VersaView CE, PanelView Plus 6 (Standard or Compact,) or PanelView Plus 7 (Standard or Enhanced)
- A Windows PC with either a Serial or Ethernet port compatible with the PanelView Plus to be used
- An Allen-Bradley PLC-5, SLC-500, MicroLogix, CompactLogix, or ControlLogix (for communications setup and testing)
Very informative. I found out the answer to my question for my project that I was wondering about within the first 30% of the class material. Then I started programming my real world project and flipping back and forth between the class material and my real world project. Helped to re-integrate the material covered.
Thanks, this has been very helpful to me. I have gone to the AB class for pv plus. Its a great class but i can learn only so much at a time. Your class gave me the ability to go back to sections to review.
I wanted to learn to program AB HMI's and this course worked great. Everything is there and you can review whatever and whenever you need. Thanks Shawn
This is an course is really good, I learn a lot from this course I hope to see more courses from this instructor really knowledgeable
Great instructional Video. No doubt I will be referring back to it until more experience is gained or when i become stuck. Thank You
It was amazing course on HMI. It's rich with alot of information.I enjoyed the course and looking forward for more future courses by this instructor
Clear and well articulated. Which is very important for those as myself that English is not our native or first language.
The information is clear and succinct. I've learned enough to become proficient in my job. Thanks for everything!
Very informative and well presented, I recommend it to anyone who is getting in to PanelView Plus programming.
Really good teacher, step by step instructions. This course helped me to complete a project.
Very detailed and useful lessons..I very much needed this info. Thanks.
I do not think there is a better HMI tutorial around! This is GREAT!!!
Concise and Useful Information. Great Presentation of the Information.
Very informative… Glad I took the course!
Very informative and easy to follow along
Very thorough and clearly described
Very well explained and detailed
Requirements for Online Lessons: To take an online course at TheAutomationSchool.com, you'll need a compatible web browser. To insure your browser is compatible, please test it by taking our free course here.
Requirements for Software, Hardware, and Hands-On: For detailed requirements to complete any optional programming exercises, or to follow along with the instructor as he programs, see the "Requirements..." section near the bottom of the Details tab.