For the most up-to-date course details, please visit the course page HERE
What You'll Learn and Receive
What You'll Receive With Your Purchase
Learn to confidently setup, program, and troubleshoot Allen-Bradley's Micro800 Family of PLCs with Nano Basics Extended Edition
You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars to learn how to use, program, and troubleshoot Allen-Bradley's Micro800 PLCs. All you need is basic PLC knowledge, a Windows PC, and our affordable Nano Basics Extended Edition Online Course.
Nano Basics is the perfect online course for electricians, technicians, and engineers who want to learn to setup, troubleshoot, and program Allen-Bradley's Micro800 Family of PLCs. Taught by a factory certified PLC specialist with over thirty years of experience, in this course you will learn everything you need to know to get started using Micro800 PLCs with confidence.
Unlike other vendor's courses that become available only after you purchase their expensive hardware or trainers, our Micro800 course doesn't require you to purchase any additional parts as we show you how to download and use the free edition of the Allen-Bradley Micro800 Programming and Simulation software.
And for those who'd prefer to learn with a physical PLC, we also cover which Micro800's and Programming cables work best and why, as well as how to set them up and program them. We even provide you with a list of components and devices used to build the affordable, homemade PLC trainer we use in this course.
Unlike other companies whose job is done once the sale is complete, we're committed to your success and actively encourage students to post questions in the lesson discussion area. Our expert instructors visit The Automation School each weekday to support and answer student questions.
We also invite you to come back and retake any lesson as the need arises, which is made possible by the fact that none of our course come with an expiration date.
And when you finish your course and pass all the quizzes, you'll also be rewarded with an official Completion Certificate from from The Automation School that will list the Professional Development Hours you've earned by completing all of the course content.
Standard Edition Topics:
Below is a summary of the topics covered in this course, and a complete lesson listing is also available in a following section:
- Understand the design of the four Micro800 Nano PLCs
- How to choose components and configure a system
- How to get the free programming software and how it works
- Setup Micro800 and RSLinx Ethernet and USB Communications
- How to flash controller firmware over Ethernet and USB
- Create and Test a Motor Control programs in Ladder Diagram
- Create and Test a Part Sensing program in Ladder Diagram
- Create and Test a Machine Runtime program in Function Block
- Create and Test a Part Counting program in Function Block
- Create and Text a Calculations program in Structure Text
Extended Edition Topics:
- How to Export and Import Programs between Models
- How to Add, Configure, and Scale Analog Inputs
- How to Add, Configure, and Scale Analog Outputs
- How to Add, Configure, and Scale Universal Analog I/O
- How to Add, Configure, and Use Expansion I/O
- How to Setup and Configure Modbus to VFDs
- How to create a PanelView 800 Program for the Micro800, Part 1
- How to create a PanelView 800 Program for the Micro800, Part 2
- Importing MicroLogix programs into the Micro800 using v10
- Bonus Lesson: Unboxing of all four Micro800s
- Bonus Lesson: Unboxing of Plug-in & Expansion I/O Modules
Who should take this course:
Anyone who has basic PLC knowledge and wants to learn how to setup, program, and troubleshoot Allen-Bradley's Micro800 line of PLCs.
Shortly after earning a degree in Electronics, Shawn Tierney spent twenty five years working in the field as a Rockwell Automation authorized distributor specialist helping countless Engineers and Electricians learn how to select, setup, program, and troubleshoot Allen-Bradley industrial automation controls.
During his time as a specialist, Shawn attended over fifty weeks of Rockwell training and gained his certification as a Rockwell Automation Specialist and Information Software Specialist, and graduated from Rockwell's STPA Certification program with the highest recorded score.
During that time Shawn also earned his Microsoft Certifications in Server and Desktop Operating Systems, becoming a Microsoft Certified Professional.
Shawn left his job as an Automation Specialist in 2015 to focus on sharing everyting he's learned in affordable, self-paced courses at TheAutomationSchool.com
Student review: “I really enjoyed this course ! Excellent instruction by Shawn with clear examples. I was able to build my CCW PLC project from scratch using this course. 5 stars!” – RM
Student review: “1- High quality videos, 2- Full explanation, 3- Instructor is an expert in his field and very helpful” – MS
Student review: “A very professional course by an experienced instructor. The overhead view and set-up of the demo hardware, and computer screen view for the programming examples were great quality and first rate” – BE
Student review: “This course very challenging with so many options in re: to programming whether its a LD or FBD you choose very powerful CCW apps. Thanks to our great professor, Shawn.” – NJ
Optional USB Bundle Details: Lesson Videos Available Offline via Secure USB 3.0 Drive
Take your course lesson videos on the go with you by bundling in a Personalize, Secure USB from The Automation School.
Our high-speed secure USB Flash Drives include the following features:
- Includes all course lesson videos available as of Summer, 2022
- Note: Watching USB lessons does not progress student through online course***
- Works with Windows and MAC computers with a USB port
- Supports High Speed USB 3.0 interface to enhance lesson playback
- No third party application required, no software to install
- Windows and MAC Video player embedded on drive
- Cannot be written to, copied, or erased by accident
- Tailored and licensed to a single individual, including custom password*
- Free annual updates when available.**
* Our courses are licensed for individual use, and are not authorized to be used by more than one person. This means our online, disc, and USB course materials are licensed to a single individual, and may not be shared with non-licensed persons, or played for groups or classrooms without our express written consent
** Students who wish to have new or updated lessons added to their flash drive can send it in once per year to be updated at no charge, however students are required to include a self-addressed stamped return envelope.
*** Students who watch lessons on the Secure USB Flash Drive are not progressed through the associated online course, and will not unlock the completion certificate without completing the course online. Also note that all questions, quizzes, and completion certificates are only available online.
**** USB Course Flash Drives may not be purchased separately from our online courses. Existing students who'd like to obtain USB Drives for online courses thet are already enrolled in are encouraged to contact us directly about upgrading.
***** We can only provide one flash drive per enrollee, per course. We also cannot replace lost flash drives.