In this course you'll learn everything you need to know to begin creating and editing FactoryTalk View Site Edition applications using View Studio Enterprise.
Click here for course details.
In this course students will learn how to create, deploy, modify, and backup View Site Edition applications using FactoryTalk View Studio Enterprise
NOTE: While this course is in “Early Access” the below list of lessons will continue to update and change.
NOTE: Early Access Sale Ends on August 31st, 2018
Early Access: List of Lessons Published So Far (Over Nine Hours of video lessons as of 07-31-18 – Does not include time to complete exercises or quizzes):
- Course Introduction (published 2-23, 6 minutes)
- What is ViewSE? (published 2-23, 17 minutes)
- – Documentation, Downloads(published 2-23)
- – Hardware and Software requirements (published 2-23)
- ViewSE in Action: Four Applications (published 2-23, three parts, 29 minutes total)
- Restoring Applications (published 2-28 3.5 minutes)
- Creating your first Stand-Alone project (published 2-23, Updated 2-28, three parts, 42 mins total)
- – Displays, Settings, (published 2-23)
- – Object Properties, Grid, Align, Nudge, Sizing, Grouping, In-place Editing (published 2-23)
- – Testing your application, Creating a Client File, Editing while running (published 2-23)
- Adding Objects to Displays including Drawing objects, Library Objects, and Symbol Factory (published 3-06)
- HMI System Tags, Numeric Displays, Color and Fill Animations (published 3-06)
- Creating, editing, and duplicating HMI Memory Tags as well as exporting and importing Tags (published 3-14)
- Exporting and importing Tags (published 3-14)
- Importing Graphic Displays, Using Numeric Inputs, Horizontal Slider Animation (published 3-14)
- Tag Substitution (published 3-27)
- On Top Displays (published 3-27)
- Tag Placeholders and Parameters (published 3-27)
- Expressions and Derived Tags (published 3-27)
- Communications: RSLinx Classic (published 4-23)
- Communications: RSLinx Enterprise (published 4-23)
- Communications: Direct Referenced Tags, plus HMI Device Tags (published 5-18)
- Communications: Offline Tag Browsing and HMI Tag Importing (published 5-18)
- Communications: Adding Additional Emulator PLCs (published 6-4)
- Graphics: Parameter Files and Tag Placeholders (published 6-4)
- Graphics: Creating Libraries, Tool Tips, Removing Content (published 6-4)
- Creating and using Parameter Files Part 1 and 2 (published 6-7)
- Command Line and Macros(published 6-19)
- More Graphic Display Objects (published 6-19)
- More Animations (published 6-19)
- Creating Buttons and Switches (published 6-19)
- Using Global Objects Part 1 & 2 (published 7-16)
- Creating Global Objects Part 1 & 2 (published 7-16)
- Live Data Trends (published 7-16)
- File Set DataLog and Historical Trends (published 7-23)
- Creating and Using Trend Templates (published 7-23)
- ODBC DataLog to MSSQLServer with Historical Trend (published 7-23)
- Project Alarm Overview (published 7-31)
- HMI Tag Alarms (published 7-31)
- HMI Tag Alarm Logs (published 7-31)
- Alarm and Event Tag Alarms (published 7-31)
- Alarm and Event Alarm History (published 7-31)
- Alarm and Event Instruction Alarms (published 7-31)
- Editing Graphic Display (published 8-06)
- Creating Docked Display with Menu and Alarm Summary (published 8-06)
- Appendix A: All Course Downloads (published 6-4)
- Bonus 1: Upgrade your license from ME to SE (published 3-07)
- Bonus 2: Find your local Rep (published 3-07)
- Bonus 3: Create a Win10Pro VM (published 3-07)
- Bonus 4: Installing ViewStudio (published 3-07)
- Bonus 6: Download & Install Free A-B PLC Emulator (published 4-23)
- Bonus 7: Install and setup MS Sql Server Express (published 7-31)
NOTE: All of the instructor's downloadable files were made in ViewSE v9.0 and may not work with previous versions.
Additional Planned Lessons:
NOTE – This list may change over time, and planned lessons may be added or removed.
- 8.x Find and Replace, Events, Home Screen Graphics
- 8.x Security, Publish to Viewpoint, Archive/Backup
- 9.x Deploy, Test Client, Test Viewpoint Client
- Bonus: Windows 10 update issues, and how to fix
- Bonus: How to setup and run ViewSE Samples
Future planned “Extended” course topics I hope to add post ViewSE Basics initial release: (no ETAs or guarantees on when or if all these lessons will be published)
Note: All existing ViewSE Basics students as of 9/1/18 will automatically be upgraded to the Extended Edition when the planned extended lessons are released.
- What's new in View? A short history of features added from v1-10
- Trend Pro
- Importing PVPlus Projects
- Importing RSView32 Projects
- Migrating from Station Local to Station Network
- Designing Station Network Applications
- Deploying Station Network Applications
- Migrating to Station Network to Distributed
- Designing Distributed Applications
- Deploying Distributed Applications
- Backing up a running Distributed Applications
Who should take this course:
Anyone who would like to learn how to create, edit, and deploy ViewSE projects.
Note: prospective students should already have some PLC knowledge, and be comfortable using Windows 10.
Requirements to complete optional exercises or follow along:
Students who wish to complete optional exercises, or follow along with the instructor as he programs, will need the following:
1) A working copy of FactoryTalk View Studio Enterprise Edition, and a compatible Windows PC to install and run it on.
Note: Information on how to request a free 30 day evaluation and demo copy of View Studio Enterprise from Rockwell is covered
Note: The version of FactoryTalk View Studio used in this course is 9.0, and according to Rockwell it supports these Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Pro
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 10 Pro
Note: While ViewSE v8.1 is said to support Windows XP Pro SP3 32bit, currently the samples provided in the course are made with v9.0, and can't be imported into version 8.1 at this time.
2) An Allen-Bradley Programmable Controller, or Free PLC Emulator compatible with the above Windows PC and View Studio Enterprise.
Note: How to download and use Rockwell's free RSLogix Emulate 500 is included with this course as a bonus lesson
Note: The instructor provides sample programs for the following Programmable Controllers for use with the course lessons:
- RSLogix Emulate 500
- MicroLogix 1000, 1100, 1400
- CompactLogix L16 and L23 (v20)
- ControlLogix L61 (v20)
What is included with the course:
To see what is included with this course please see the enrollment options.
Click here for course pricing.
Only $99.99! Ends 9/1
Requirements for Software, Hardware, and Hands-On: For detailed requirements to complete any optional programming exercises, or to follow along with the instructor as he programs, see the "Requirements..." section near the bottom of the Details tab.