PAC Getting Started Course
In this course you’ll learn the how to get started with the Allen-Bradley CompactLogix and ControlLogix PACs
In this course designed for those with some PLC experience, students will learn how to “get started” with the Allen-Bradley CompactLogix and ControlLogix PACs.
What you will learn:
- Hardware and Software Overview
- Communication Port Overview
- Setting up Communications
- Flashing Firmware
- How to Create and Run Programs
- Timers, Sequencers, and more
Who should take this course:
Anyone who already has some PLC experience and would like to quickly learn how to use and program the A-B Logix family of Programmable Automation Controllers (PACs.)
What is required to follow along:
If you would like to follow along with the instructor, you will need a personal computer running Microsoft Windows with RSlogix or Studio 5000 installed as well as a CompactLogix or ControlLogix Controller.
What is included with the course:
To see what is included with this course please see the enrollment options.
- Video Lesson 01: Introduction (1:23)
- Video Lesson 02: Hardware Overview (2:14)
- Video Lesson 03: Hardware Unboxing (3:45)
- Video Lesson 04: Software Overview (2:51)
- Video Lesson 05: Software Unboxing (2:38)
- Video Lesson 06: Comm Port Overview (0:37)
- Video Lesson 07: Connecting Using Serial (2:47)
- Video Lesson 08: Connecting Using USB (1:52)
- Video Lesson 09: Setting IP via USB or Serial (1:31)
- Video Lesson 10: Set IP via BOOTP (2:38)
- Video Lesson 11: Firmware Basics (1:49)
- Video Lesson 12: What to know before Flashing (2:00)
- Video Lesson 13: Flash Firmware over Ethernet (2:12)
- Video Lesson 14: Create and Run A Program (2:30)
- Video Lesson 15: How To Force I/O (1:37)
- Video Lesson 16: Using a Timer and Move (3:26)
- Video Lesson 17: Using a Sequencer (5:02)
- Video Lesson 18: Message over Ethernet (4:23)
- Video Lesson 19: Additional Learning Resources (0:41)
* When purchasing “Online Enrollment” you will be enrolled in the course here at TheAutomationSchool.com and can start the course by clicking on the first lesson. When you complete the course, a “print certificate” button will appear at the top of the course page.
** When purchasing the “Mobile Access” option you will also receive a PDF coupon voucher to redeem a copy of the course’s video lessons from Vimeo.com, and may use their free Mobile App on supported devices to watch (and on some mobile devices download) the video lessons of this course. For more details visit vimeo.com/everywhere
I spent my first twenty five years in the automation business working as a Rockwell Automation Distributor Specialist helping electricians, technicians, and controls engineers implement automation solutions using Allen-Bradley PLCs, PACs, and HMIs, as well as Rockwell Software SCADA and MES products.
These days I'm self-employed as an automation educator, programmer, and consultant. And I'm also the author of the internet's most popular independent automation blog, The Automation Blog dot com, where I enjoy discussing automation products and challenges with people from around the world.