For the most up-to-date course details, please visit the course page HERE
*** Course Video's on USB are temporarily out of stock ***
What You'll Learn and Receive
What You'll Receive With Your Purchase
Learn to confidently use CCW with Allen-Bradley VFDs to program, upload, and download parameters in our CCW VFD Quickstart course
You don't need to spend thousands of dollars to learn how to use, Connected Components Workbench (CCW) with Allen-Bradley Drives. All you need is our affordable CCW VFD Quickstart course.
CCW VFD Quickstart is the perfect online course for electricians, technicians, and engineers who want to learn to use Connected Component Workbench (CCW) with Allen-Bradley Drives. Taught by a factory certified automation specialist with over thirty years of experience, in this course you will learn everything you need to know to get started using CCW with VFDs with confidence.
Unlike other vendor's courses that become available only after you purchase their expensive hardware or trainers, our PLC courses doesn't require you to purchase any additional parts as we show you how to download and use the free editions of the Allen-Bradley PLC Programming and Emulation software used in this course.
And for those who'd prefer to learn with a physical PLC, we also cover which Programmable Controllers and Programming cables work best and why, as well as how to set them up and program them. We even provide you with a list of components and devices used to build the affordable, homemade PLC trainer we use in this course.
Unlike other companies whose job is done once the sale is complete, we're committed to your success and actively encourage students to post questions in the lesson discussion area. Our expert instructors visit The Automation School each weekday to support and answer student questions.
We also invite you to come back and retake any lesson as the need arises, which is made possible by the fact that none of our course come with an expiration date.
And when you finish your course and pass all the quizzes, you'll also be rewarded with an official Completion Certificate from from The Automation School that will list the Professional Development Hours you've earned by completing all of the course content.
Below is a summary of the topics covered in this course, and a complete lesson listing is also available in a following section:
- Where you can download a free copy of CCW
- How to install CCW, including how to work around the .NET issue
- How to download and install drivers and firmware for the 1203-USB cable
- How to setup RSLinx Classic's Ethernet IP and Ethernet Devices Drivers
- How to setup RSLinx Classic's Driver for the 1203-USB cable
- How to download PowerFlex manuals and update files
- How to connect to the PowerFlex 520 series using USB on Windows 10 and 7
- How to use the PowerFlex USB utility to up & download parameters from 520 series
- How to import, edit, and export PowerFlex USB utility parameter files in CCW
- How to use CCW to upload and download drive parameters over Ethernet
- How to use CCW and the 1203-USB to upload and download drive parameters over DSI
- Free Bonus 1! How to set Powerflex 525's Ethernet Address using its Keypad
- Free Bonus 2! How to set PowerFlex 525's Ethernet Address using BOOTP
Who should take this course:
Anyone who needs to learn how to backup and restore A-B VFD parameters using CCW over Ethernet, USB, and using the 1203-USB cable.
Shortly after earning a degree in Electronics, Shawn Tierney spent twenty five years working in the field as a Rockwell Automation authorized distributor specialist helping countless Engineers and Electricians learn how to select, setup, program, and troubleshoot Allen-Bradley industrial automation controls.
During his time as a specialist, Shawn attended over fifty weeks of Rockwell training and gained his certification as a Rockwell Automation Specialist and Information Software Specialist, and graduated from Rockwell's STPA Certification program with the highest recorded score.
During that time Shawn also earned his Microsoft Certifications in Server and Desktop Operating Systems, becoming a Microsoft Certified Professional.
Shawn left his job as an Automation Specialist in 2015 to focus on sharing everyting he's learned in affordable, self-paced courses at TheAutomationSchool.com
Student review: “The instructor covered the necessary steps to get connected and up and running fast. Although I already have experience, it was great to see how he made the lessons short and sweet! I wish I would have seen these lessons when I started, it would have definitely made things simpler with his clear and concise instruction ” – DA
Student review: “Thanks to Shawn in putting his great efforts to frame the course. I have gained good foundation basics to design my own application. Shawn's explains each and every lesson in deep detail!” – MR
Student review: “Great course on how the CCW and 525 communications work. Shawn is a very informative instructor. Enjoyed the course! I look forward to more courses from Shawn.” – BW
Student review: “This was exactly what I needed to use today, to import a .dno file to the new software in order to download a saved file. Thanks!” – MB
Optional USB Bundle Details: Lesson Videos Available Offline via Secure USB 3.0 Drive
Take your course lesson videos on the go with you by bundling in a Personalize, Secure USB from The Automation School.
Our high-speed secure USB Flash Drives include the following features:
- Includes all course lesson videos available as of Summer, 2022
- Note: Watching USB lessons does not progress student through online course***
- Works with Windows and MAC computers with a USB port
- Supports High Speed USB 3.0 interface to enhance lesson playback
- No third party application required, no software to install
- Windows and MAC Video player embedded on drive
- Cannot be written to, copied, or erased by accident
- Tailored and licensed to a single individual, including custom password*
- Free annual updates when available.**
* Our courses are licensed for individual use, and are not authorized to be used by more than one person. This means our online, disc, and USB course materials are licensed to a single individual, and may not be shared with non-licensed persons, or played for groups or classrooms without our express written consent
** Students who wish to have new or updated lessons added to their flash drive can send it in once per year to be updated at no charge, however students are required to include a self-addressed stamped return envelope.
*** Students who watch lessons on the Secure USB Flash Drive are not progressed through the associated online course, and will not unlock the completion certificate without completing the course online. Also note that all questions, quizzes, and completion certificates are only available online.
**** USB Course Flash Drives may not be purchased separately from our online courses. Existing students who'd like to obtain USB Drives for online courses thet are already enrolled in are encouraged to contact us directly about upgrading.
***** We can only provide one flash drive per enrollee, per course. We also cannot replace lost flash drives.